Last Revision Date: 7/12/2021
This Privacy Statement describes the types of information Solar On Earth collects from you and how Solar On Earth may use and disclose such information.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Solar On Earth collects personal/business information from you when you choose to share it with us. The information we collect is voluntarily provided to us in the process of completing an application for community solar or other products and services offered by Solar On Earth. It is our expectation that all the information that is provided to us must be true, complete and accurate.
Personal/business information that we collect can include the following:
- Contact information (i.e. email address, postal/physical address, phone number and other similar contact information.)
- Date of birth (required for a soft credit check)
- Basic business information: If you are applying on behalf of a business, we collect basic information about the business including the legal entity name, postal address, phone number, business type, and accounts payable contact information. In the case of medium-to-large businesses identified by rate class on your utility bill, we may require three years of profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
The information collected is for the sole purpose of facilitating the business transaction with Solar On Earth and its community solar partners. Unless there is a legal obligation to do so, personal and/or business information disclosed is not sold or shared with any other outside entity without your consent.
We process your information solely to facilitate the fulfillment of our contract with you and to comply with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal/business information collected via our community solar application to apply for and, if qualified, enroll you or your business in community solar.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We will share your information with a third-party community solar vendor for the purpose of enrolling you or your business in community solar. The third-party vendor, and in some cases Solar On Earth, will use this data for payment processing, data analysis and customer service.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for another purpose only with your consent.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will keep your basic contact information (name, phone number, physical address and email address) on file in perpetuity in our in-house database.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We understand the importance of protecting your personal information. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect any personal information we process. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our site via the internet is at your own risk. Keep in mind that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure.
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
From time to time our policy is updated as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at email@example.com or write to:
Solar On Earth
43 Nagog Park Ste 20
Acton, MA 01720